Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pulliam Ford, Frank speaking...

Who said that harassment had to be confined to only telemarketers. I say, to anybody who is being an annoyance. This opens up a whole new can of amazingness! Family, friends, random people you don't know...anybody can be a target. Let me tell a story of a magical time were this happened to me.

First let me set the stage. I've just opened a new business, a plantain factory, that's a lie but it was a new business. Here I am sitting in my office, with a vendor that I have met maybe once before.

Vendor: Here are my wears, aren't they amazing? You want to buy them no?
Me: They are amazing....

The phone rings.

Me: Excuss me, let me grab this really fast.
Me: Thank you for calling Bill's Wonderful World of Plantains, how may I help you?
Caller: Hey, yeah is Frank there?
Me: Ummm nobody by the name of Frank works here, sorry.
Caller: Ah, sorry about that bud, must have dialed the wrong number. *hangs up*

Vendor: So are you interested in buying this plantain smasher? It cuts back on your time by at least 1 sec...*ring ring*
Me: Sorry...Thank you for calling Bill's Wonderful World of Plantains, how may I help you?
Caller: (same guy by the way) Hey...I was calling for Frank, is he in?
Me: Didn't you just call me? This is Bill and nobody by the name of Frank works here.
Caller: This isn't Pulliam Ford? I dialed 779-xxxx, is that your number?
Me: Yes.
Caller: Hmmmm well sorry about that. *hangs up*

Vendor: Like I was saying...*ring ring*
Me: I'm not going to answer it...its the same guy I'm sure.
Vendor: Go ahead, I have time to waste.
Me: Right, Thank you for calling Bill's Wonderful World of Plantains, how may I help you?
Caller: Yeah, I'm calling for Frank at Pulliam Ford. Is he in?
Me: Nope still not in...this is Bill again.
Caller: Dangit! I'm not sure why I keep getting you!
Me: Me either, goodbye *hangs up*

The room is obviously awkward now due to the amount of phone calls in the last 3 min.

*Ring Ring*

Vendor: Just tell him you are Frank and end all this.
Me: Good idea.
Me: Thank you for calling Pullium Ford, this is Frank speaking, how can I help you.
Caller: Frank! I've been trying to reach you for the last 5 min. I kept calling another number!
Me: THIS IS BILL!
Caller: What! Son of a B!
Me: Yeah I'm sorry...just had to do it.

Ahhhh, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment